Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Mail Goggles?

From time to time, us tech gals communicate when we shouldn't. Whether by text, facebook, twitter, phone or email, intoxicated communication hardly ever ends well. While I'm sometimes amused by my drunk tweets the next day (one recent update made fun of a woman's preppy iphone case and cougar-like behavior) the negative often outweighs the positive.

Enter Mail Goggles, a new labs feature that aims to save us from ourselves. As noted on both Valleywag and Techcrunch, Mail Goggles will administer a math test when you attempt to email late at night. While Mike Arrington points out "if I want to send a drunken email, and all that’s standing between me and success are a few math problems, I’m gonna go find that calculator," I guess it's the thought that counts.

2 comments:

ellevee said...

omg, google is hilarious and so logical at the same time. indeed mail googles are a necessity on those crazy nights, math problems just wont be happening.

i love your blog so much tech gal that ive added your blog to my igoogle homepage so i can always keep up with your posts!

Tech Gal said...

Why thank you ellevee! I'm glad you enjoy it!!!