Friday, October 10, 2008

Communication -- How Much is Too Much?

So I am a complete over-communicator by nature and sometimes it gets me in trouble. Actually, I don't know if trouble is the right word. Maybe I should just say that I sometimes end up putting my foot in my mouth via text, email or call. Actually I take that back, I USUALLY only put my foot in my mouth by text or call. Occasionally I will wake up in the middle of the night, check my messages and respond. Once a colleague called me on it and I was embarrassed, but if it answered their question, was it really that bad?! I mean would rather be over-communicating than under communicating, because then I would come off flaky which is definitely a no-go. Is it my crackberry's fault, I wonder? I know it definitely contributes to the problem (it's an addiction! I can't stop!) but I just can't say no. Score for the day: crackberry -- 1, techgal -- 0

No comments: