Sunday, November 9, 2008

Tech Gal Weakness: Shoes

I don't know what it is about shoes, but I feel like I can never have enough. I don't even need to dress up for work (I pretty much wear jeans everyday) and I organized my shoes this evening and was overwhelmed by the number of pairs that I have. I mean, I totally wear all of them and (most) are very practical. Plus it's technically winter now here in SF, so I totally needed those adorable brown slouchy flat boots that I picked up today (they were on sale...I SWEAR) and the other black ankle pointy toed ones I got from zappos last week. I could write a whole post on zappos alone, between their customer service to their unbelievable selection and kick-a** free shipping upgrades, I feel like I will never look at shoe shopping the same way.

Anyways, back to root (or should I say heel...haha) of the shoe problem. I don't know a single one of my friend
s who doesn't love them. Even non-girly girls love shoes. What is it about them that is so appealing? I actually have a friend who has over 40 pairs stashed in her closet and almost always wears uggs, vans or flipflops. I am convinced that all women have this weakness. Perhaps it is HBO's fault or Dorothy and her fabulous ruby red slippers. HBO may take the cake due to the unbelievable success of Sex and the City, a show that references at least one pair of $500 shoes on every episode. Women lust after said shoes even though we know they are unrealistic, uncomfortable and completely overpriced. Are we that easy to please? Is the key to every woman's heart through a pair of Manolos, Louboutins or Choos? I don't think so, but they sure are pretty.

No comments: